Monday, April 4, 2011

Japan

   As I sit looking out my hotel window, the recurring thoughts, laments of overwhelming events of this day drift through.

   The nursery rhyme “Little Miss Muffit sat on her Tuffit, eating her curds and whey when along came the rue of the events of the day, causing Miss Muffit to pray.”

   Have I become so complacent, so desensitized to any kind of disaster, that I just look at the pictures of devastation, make my exclamations, then continue with business at hand.

   Yes there will be wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes HE tells us in scripture, but couldn’t I at least cry out for GOD’S mercy and compassion on everyone affected by the disaster in Japan? The right decisions to be made about medical help, evacuation, humane decisions.

   Surely it’s not just “another day in the neighborhood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment